Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Promise

Alright. So I'm officially here, in the Blogosphere. I haven't posted any useful information (if any at all) since creating my little corner of the web, most likely due to a lack of sleep borne of working the night shift, and several months spent with the Marines in Iraq.

I've been spending a lot of time over on CGBlog.org and would highly recommend it to anyone following the current state of the United States Coast Guard. For those of you who know me, you probably know my move to open my own little corner of the Web is most likely due to reading the comments of Lt. Eric Shine, USNR. I have realized that through open blogging, increased transparency and reporting on the state of affairs of the USCG from the deck-plate level, valid defenses to the accusations of some individuals can be provided; as well as open documentation of the shortcomings of my beloved Service. I am a Coastie, and my love of service, in-depth knowledge of Coast Guard history and interest in the maritime affairs has led me here.

All government organizations have their mistakes, shortcomings, and scandals. The Coast Guard is no exception. However, those who would choose to attack the CG as an organization should bear in mind that it is not alone in making mistakes. Nobody, and no organization is perfect.

More to follow. Semper Paratus.

No comments: